It’s official. Seasons have changed and it is now fall. Love this time of the year with the cooler temperatures and beaufiful colors. What does this have to do with cats? They notice the change of the seasons also. My friend, Colin, has some suggestions for keeping your cat happy during the fall season. Will share his ideas as well as my own. Here’s Colin!
The most important thing to do is to keep your cat active, to the end I have the following suggestions:
1. Hide small piles of catnip behind fragile objects on high shelves, this has the added benefit of giving your cat a chance to watch you clean up the mess.
2. Buy a number of life like toy mice and hide them. Your cats will find them and leave them where you will trip over them in the middle of the night and think it is a real mouse, which will entertain your cat for hours.
3. Give your cat a bath, he will find it fascinating to watch you tend your wounds.
4. Leave a bag of dry food slightly open, your cat will find a way to get it open and help herself to a tasty snack.
5. Start playing a game with your cat with treats, try tossing the treats to your cat.
If everything else fails, give your cat a nice soft blanket to sleep on in his or her favorite window.
Thank you, Colin! Good ideas even though some may backfire on you. 🙂 During this time of year, you may see cats FALLing asleep anywhere.
FALLing for a good sales pitch.
Afraid of FALLing!
Watching other people FALLing.
They may even FALL in love with a new friend.
If you have any different suggestions about keeping your cat happy during the fall, please let us know. You can find Colin Noel-Johnson’s blogs at Mageowl’s Blog. I love his sense of humor and I think you will too.
Marion Lovato is the author of Sam, the Superkitty. Her book describes an ordinary cat changing into a superhero to protect his family from things that go bump in the night. Available on Amazon as a paperback or Kindle edition. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1604588667